Sunday, January 18, 2009

When Destiny....is (Actually) calling?

How often have you heard the phrase - "Do not keep any expectations" - the battle of your mind and heart is endless coz your heart feels helpless - it gives in, expecting for more - much more and obviously your mind cannot do anything. It seems as if the mind has arms and ammunition, knows the strategy of how to deal with everything - but what do you know? None of the ammunition works coz your soul has surrendered to your heart!

Then finally when your mind is growing strong, you have begun to feel confident - wake up every morning see your self eye to eye when you face the mirror..... BHAM! What do you know? All along when you have been expecting something.....that particular 'thing' rolls in when you have least expected when infact it has become invisible for you. When faced with it, your feelings are well you don't know what or how to feel. Surprised, angry, pleasant, happy and the most amazing thing is you do not react to it because your mind is busy tackling ways to avoid it while your heart is yelling from the mountain tops of its victory! Probably singing - What did I tell you???

Then rolls in a word DESTINY which most of us have put ourselves against it, we are not willing to believe it. When this same destiny challenges you, you say well I am a determined person - I can change my destiny.....when all else fails you just well resign saying - its destiny.

This is the same Destiny that I too have resigned myself to. I cannot take off my weaknesses, my failures, my sadness and tell Destiny to own them. But try to see opportunities in this very Destiny and turn them towards my side. Otherwise how can you explain - the Edisons, Henry Fords, Steve Jobs and other such people who have come up from their failures and have become successful!

This very destiny has also come in a way in my personal life - some things as they say can never be avoided. And this is one of them!

No comments: