Friday, May 15, 2009

I Return Home as a Married Woman

13/05/09 - 12am
Its been 15 days since I got married and while boarding a flight from Indore to Mumbai felt strange coz I wasn't in my usual jeans and t-shirt, the sneakers were absent and so was my funky bag. Instead was dressed in chudidaar-kurta alongwith gold sandals (that I had worn for the wedding) and a handbag to compliment the outfit (no matter what you see I had to stay true to what I am).

My husband came to see me off at the airport, seemed strange that I was returning back home - back home to where I spent almost well not half of my life but yeah spent a lifetime there. My parents, my cousins, my grandma... I clearly remember on the day of my wedding during the send-off ceremony, with tears in my eyes as I hugged my loved ones - I only had one question to ask mum, "Can't I come home, just to see it for one last time?", though it wouldn't be 'last time' but emotions are so heavy, the urge so strong that you wish you could just run away from it all and curl up on your bed and go to sleep. Never wanting to leave your own house.

But I guess I keep on saying this one phrase over and over again, 'You move on in life', when people tell me that, "Oh, we know you will start crying when you come home", to which I tell them I wouldn't. Its like reading a book, once you start turning the pages of the book, you wouldn't return back to page 1, so is with life. I believe that this phase is like a new chapter in my life. And yeah there is no returning back - you have to create a story out of it. And a beautiful one too.

In a few days I will be back to my 'new home', my own house, my new family. A new life, new beginnings. Watch out for this space coz no matter what I will be BACK with another exciting experience. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

No comments: